4th ANNUAL OPEX IN CHEMICALS SUMMIT 2020
The Indian chemical industry is at a transition point between a phase of extensive scale building and becoming a global leader. And one of the imperatives to make that shift happen, bringing a potential EBITDA impact ranging from an additional 4 - 7 % is through changes required in manufacturing excellence. Functional excellence offers a path to building sustainable competitive advantages over a relatively short span of time - typically between one and two years.
It has been estimated that through continuous improvement culture chemical companies can expect 20 - 30 % throughput improvement.
India has the potential to become a global chemical manufacturing hub if the government and domestic players rise to the challenge of overcoming low capacity utilization and complex processes. Despite these challenges, or perhaps because of them, chemical companies are pursuing operational excellence as a very real way to streamline processes, optimize cost and create value.
Many in the chemical industry are setting a broad array of improvement goals across key areas of the business and then working hard to attain them. In addition to following the best practices within their industries, Indian manufacturers are increasingly harnessing technology to improve further on their operational efficiencies. With Indian manufacturing moving ahead on its way to strong global competitiveness, operational excellence will more and more resemble a norm than a unique feature. At the 4th edition of this forum we discuss some of the insights on how chemical manufacturers should efficiently implement the excellence initiatives and ensure sustaining the gains from them.
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Application of OPEX to build a high reliability culture in the organisation - A systematic approach
- Digitalisation - How to achieve operational excellence through digital transformation
- Project improvement by integrating lean, agile, design thinking and P3M in chemical industry
- Overcoming challenges in TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) of existing equipment through operational excellence in chemical industry
- Manufacturing excellence - Industry 4.0: The next wave of OPEX
- Environmental excellence - Effective implementation of safety culture through QEHS system approach
WHO WILL YOU MEET?
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
- Supply Chain
- Strategic Planning
- Business & Process Improvements
- Supply Chain & Procurement
- Inventory Management
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- To get insights on how chemical companies should drive the excellence initiatives and ensure sustainability
- Get acquainted with some of the emerging practices in achieving operational excellence
- Get insights from industry case study
- Get to learn collective experiences from industry experts
- Get to network with senior industry professionals from operational excellence functions and major players of the chemical industry